MICHELIN Engineering & Services provides you with Michelin resources for testing, as well as specialized technicians to operate the measurements of tires.
Main supply of the MagicFormula 5.2 model
- Data require for functional modelling of the tire
- Used for NVH simulation like F-Tire, SWIFT-Tire, CD-Tire, RMOD-K.
MF SWIFT model: is designed for vehicle comfort simulations and predictions of road loads on load irregularities even with extremely short wave-lengths up to about 60 Hz. This model is based on the following measurements:
- General tire information
- Tire footprint
- Static tire stiffness
- Tire model Pacejka MF 5.2 use mode 14
- Rolling resistance measurements
- Cleat tests
F TIRE Model: The SWIFT model is able to describe dynamic tire behavior for in-plane (longitudinal and vertical) and out of plane (lateral, camber and steering) motions up to about 100 Hz, and for road obstacles with short wavelength.
- Weight of the belt
- Average width and radius of the belt
- Weight of the tread
- Width and height of the tread
- Maximum radius and width of the wheel
- Contour of the tire and the wheel
- Compression/load curve
- Lengthwise offset/stress curve
- Lateral offset/stress curve
- Footprint of the tire’s area of contact when crushed on a smooth surface
- Lateral force according to slip angle
- Self-aligning torque according to slip angle
- Lengthwise force according to lengthwise slide
- Spoke passage test: Fz and Fx forces at the center of the wheel as a function of time
- Axisymmetric modal analysis: inherent frequencies and modal cushioning of the inflated tire, without load
- Uniformity check of saloon and small van tires on machine
- MONO CID LS machine
- Measurable parameters:
- Static balancing (imbalance)
- Harmonic radial and lateral variations (geometric and force)
- Taper tendency
- For simulating finite elements: Adams, MSC Software's Patran/Nastran
- Describe the tire’s dynamic behavior based on its own modes, with a condensed wheel center and area of contact for interfaces.
- The tire’s duty point chosen either stationary or rolling.
- Provision of a file comprising weight, rigidity and cushioning tables usable in a frequency range of 0 to 200 Hz (without cavity, with rigid rim).
- High-precision measurement of the lateral force and aligning torque around small slip and camber angles in both directions of movement
- Flat Trac® type MTS III machine (Steady_Sate hub)
- Provision of parameters such as forces, torques and rigidity that are either measured or estimated.
Preparing artificially worn passenger car tires according to ASTM norm in order to test tire performances at the end of their life.
- MICHELIN Engineering & Services has considerable experience in tire rolling resistance measurement tests:
- Measurements can be taken under ISO 28580 conditions but also under conditions specified by the client.
- MICHELIN Engineering & Services offers official alignments of machines for European Labelling with its reference machines C1/C2 and C3.